New To Yoga
Many people are venturing into yoga for all the benefits it contains. In addition to increasing your strength, stamina, balance and flexibility, yoga also increases circulation, reduces stress, improves sleep, mental clarity and provides a sense of well being. There are no quick fixes – however with patience, the rewards yoga offers you are great. Our classes run 7 days a week in a welcoming peaceful studio designed to create the perfect community for you to experience the many benefits of yoga.
Yoga is for Every Body
You do not need to be flexible, thin, young or even healthy to do yoga – just show up and enjoy! We believe that yoga is for everybody. It's simply a matter of finding the styles, teachers, and times that fit your unique lifestyle. We offer classes suitable for all levels of yoga - beginners to advanced.
Which Class is Right for Me?
Live Yoga is a multi-style studio with very relaxing and slow classes (Restorative, Luna, Yin), well-rounded classes for everyone (Hatha), or more challenging classes (Flow, Core Connection). Click here for detailed Drop-in Class Descriptions. Please do not hesitate to call, email, or stop in, and one of our certified knowledgeable staff will be more than happy to assist you in choosing the right class. We suggest starting with Beginners Yoga to learn all the basic poses and techniques. Can't attend a Beginners Course? No problem! We welcome beginners to our drop-in classes all the time! See you in the studio!
What to Expect at the Studio
- Plan to arrive 5-10 minutes before class, more if you need to purchase passes or memberships.
- Come to the Studio in comfortable clothing. Layers are wonderful so you can "warm up" or "cool down" during the class.
- For everyone's comfort, please avoid wearing perfume to class.
- When you arrive you will check in at the front desk with one of our friendly staff.
- You can drop-In for a single class, or purchase one of our discounted passes or memberships.
- We accept cash, cheques, debit or credit payment at the studio.
- If it is your first class at Live Yoga, we will ask you to fill out a waiver.
- Please review any concerns or issues with the staff member to ensure you have a safe yoga experience.
- Please turn off your cell phone and all mobile devices.
- Remove your shoes and enter the studio.
- Cubbies are provided on the right side of the studio for the safe-keeping of your belongings.
- Mats are provided free of charge. You may bring your own mat, or purchase a personal mat from our Well-Being Shop.
- Have a seat on your mat and relax until the teacher begins the class.
- The teacher will provide lots of instructions and model the poses at the front of the room. All of our Teachers are certified and will provide modifications for a variety of levels.
- Be sure to listen to your body, and honor any limitations or restrictions. (Yoga is NOT a competitive sport, it is a personal experience).
- Enjoy your class!
- If you have used a studio mat, please clean it with the spray provided.
- Tea will be served at the end of all classes scheduled longer that one hour.
- Ask the teacher if you have any questions following your yoga experience, we are here to help.
- Try out different classes and different teachers - variety is the spice of life! Enjoy!